1. I read so much about your care instruction but I still got confused. Do you have easy step to care my Tibet sheepskin products?
Absolutely here is
- Brushing it: Regularly brushing can help to keep sheepskin fluffy, soft and clean but don’t be strong with brush
- Shaking it: Regularly shaking sheepskin outside is a good choice for regular care and dust. This will help maintain the wool fibers and renew soft luster and fluffy.
- Avoid liquids stains: The type of dust can be easily cleaned but for the liquids stains like other fabric it’s very hard to remove it.If this happened we recommend bring your rug to a professional leather/sheepskin cleaner.
- Avoid direct sunlight: Direct sunlight will bleach and fade the colors and possibly damage the fleece and leather. Also irreversible.
2. What is Spot cleaning? My Tibet sheepskin have small stains, what can I do?
The Spot cleaning means only cleaning areas with stains instead of whole skin. Washing your rug is a last resort, It can permanently alter your rug’s texture, size, and color. Please remember, spot cleaning is effective methods for small stains.
If you sheepskin have small stains, please follow below instruction: Use a towel or similar absorbent material to clean up the area with little lukewarm warm water as best you can. Then use a mild cleaning agent or Special Sheepskin Shampoo with a gentle dabbing motion to the affected area until the spill has gone. Rinse with clean water being very careful not to soak the skin of the hide. Dry natural away from any heat source including sunlight. Massage and shade the sheepskin products to fluffy and soft while drying.
3. I received my rug and it has some creases and wrinkles. What should I do?
Your rug was folded for delivery. This means the leather has been “stressed” and created some folds and creases. Just open your new rug and install it at its new spot. All the creases will go away once the leather has been given some time to relax, and it WILL lay flat.
4. How can I take care of and store Tibet and goat sheepskin?
The Tibet sheepskin doesn’t need any special care or cleaning products. Just keep them in your normal cleaning routine; once in a while, you can simply give it a shake outside to remove dust. To remove any dirt or marks, vacuum the item or dry cleaning and a diluted hand detergent to spot clean with a damp cloth. Allow the product to dry naturally and do not use any cleaners or chemicals.
Please be careful to use your vacuum without any extra brushes attached, as this can tangle or ruin the hair. We suggest a weekly brushing of your sheepskin to remove dirt and fluff up the wool. Spot cleaning with a mild shampoo is fine for minor spills
5. Can I vacuum my Tibet sheepskin rug?
Yes. Set your vacuum height to the highest setting or use the upholstery attachment to vacuum your rug but as we mentioned We Do not recommend store Tibet sheepskin products in plastic packaging or vacuum for any extended period as condensation and creasing may occur.
6. Can I put Tibet sheepskin in the dryer?
No this can cause hardening of the leather. Like washing both may cause irreversible damage
7. Can I put a Tibet sheepskin in the washing machine?
We do not recommend fully washing Tibet sheepskin by hands or washing machine as our experience. Because you didn’t have any professional operation to prevent shrinkage and wool appearance. As Skin shrinkage of 8% to 10%, wool characters will change and the leather side may become stiff after washing if without professional operation, the skins may not get back to when you bought.
8. Is washing it a really bad idea?
Sure it’s a really bad idea. Washing Tibet sheepskin as our experience if you didn’t have any professional operation to prevent shrinkage and wool appearance. The Skin will shrink 8% to 10%, wool characters will change and the leather side may become stiff after washing. The skins may not get back to when you bought.
9.How do I clean a Tibet sheepskin rug or cushion at home?
Please look at “Spot cleaning and easy step to care my Tibet sheepskin products” FAQ
10. My rug is matted so what can I do?
Shaking and brushing Tibet sheepskin as regular care to make you sheepskin fluffy and soft